How To Resolve CAC Query And Get Your Business Name Approved

This post was last updated on August 27th, 2020 at 11:44 am

After submitting the required documents on the CAC document upload portal, a CAC officer will go through all the provided details to determine if the business name can be approved or not.
In a case where there is a problem with some of the details provided, you will receive a CAC query that must be treated before re-submitting your Business name application.

Recommended:
How to Resolve CAC Query, “Pay for Branch address and upload receipt”

How To Resolve CAC Query And Get Your Business Name Approved

Your Business name registration on the CAC online portal could be queried for various reasons, in order to get it approved on time, it is advisable you read our step-by-step guide on registering business name to avoid common mistakes.

However, let’s proceed on resolving CAC query, and getting your Business name approved on time.

Resolving CAC Query

Depending on the query you received, if it has to do with error in the details you filled online, follow the steps below to resolve the CAC Query;

• Click “Correct data”
  • Preview and submit the details you have filled
  • Click “Save”
  • Download documents, sign and upload it on the CAC Documents Upload Portal
  • Click on “Resolve Query” to notify the Admins that you have resolved the Query
Based on my Experience with Business name registration on CAC portal, you might be queried for uploading Remita receipt instead of the CAC generated receipt on your CAC account dashboard.

In this case, you should go to your dashboard, click the business name that was approved, and click Payment receipt to download the CAC generated receipt.

Due to the varying issues that could trigger a query, I might not be able to cover all, but CAC query can be resolved easily by following the instructions in the Query Email you received from CAC.

If you encounter any problem, you can drop a comment in the comments section.

125 thoughts on “How To Resolve CAC Query And Get Your Business Name Approved”

1. hi, i received a query telling me that to UPLOAD ALL DOCUMENTS AND JUSTIFY TRANSPORTATION IN NATURE OF BUSINESS. and i choose to remove the transportation completely but i cant.thanks

2. Hello please I received CAC query to fill up some empty columns I left in share details. I have been trying to update the date and resolve the query, but the columns am too fill are not accepting data. It's not allowing me to type in the columns. I have written to customer care. Please help.

3. I got a query and I have resolved the query by uploading the necessary documents but for almost 2 months now, I haven't heard anything regarding the certificate . What could be wrong please

4. Someone should please help me, I received a query that I should “PLS PROVIDE FOR THE ARTICLES IN THE MEMART” I already submitted the memorandum, I don’t understand what this means.

5. Pls help me, I receive a query mesaage. \”PLS RECONCILE THE REGISTERD ADDRESS ON THE REGISTRATION PORTAL WITH THE FORM ; DO NOT HANDWRITE ON THE FORM ;REGISTER AND PAY FOR THE BRANCH ADDRESS ,UPLOAD COMPLETE FORM,UPLOAD COMPLETE FORM\”I don't know what to do again o.

6. I was asked to upload my company name availability form. I did that, then noticed that i could also update my data. Meanwhile, I would love to change the wordings of some of the object clauses. What would be the implication since the already stamped MEMART does not reflect those changes?

7. I was asked to upload my company name availability form. I did that, then noticed that i could also update my data. Meanwhile, I would love to change the wordings of some of the object clauses. What would be the implication since the already stamped MEMART does not reflect those changes?

8. Hello,I was asked to upload passport and payment receipt. I've affix the pass port on my BN1 form and also sent my payment receipt I got from my payment history but I got the query a second time asking me to do the same thing again. What do I do

9. I got a query after submitting the registration documents reason UPLOAD RECEIPT WITH CAC LOGO AND RRR,.I have downloaded the receipt but did not see where to upload it back to them. Please can you guide me?

10. Go to remita sitethen pay a billerwho to pay Corporate affairs commissionname of service/payment….choose miscellaneous the a description will come, add payment for branch address.then filling the other detailshow to pay…..pay through bank or card….take it to the cac office for stamp and signature.then re-upload the payment receipt adding to the existing ones on the upload site.thanks

11. I got a query that I should upload all documents. I have uploaded my memart and cac1.1 registration form. Is there anything else I am missing. Thanks.

12. Hi Bill,You should make sure you have scanned the BN1 form in the right order. Probably Page 2 came before page 1, check this and try again. Also ensure that you uploaded the right document for each title on upload portal.Thanks

13. Hi I was queried for correct traceable address. I have correcter the address and saved. I also clicked on query resolved but I have not re uploaded the documents. Should I re upload the documents?

14. Good evening, This is the third time I am getting quarried. This last one is saying… Upload I.D for both proprietors and reconcile object on form with CRP. Note: I have uploaded I.D of myself and the proprietor before this quarry. Pls what do I do now?

15. Good morning sir/maThis is RuttyGarb Couture My company name have been queried for what i dont understand. I dont know what to do , because i think have done all the neccessary things.Please sir/ma help me out on what to do.Reasons for queried;1) Do not write on scetion F of the form2) Expunge one of the same nature of business3) Upload name approvalLooking forward to hear from you soonThanks

16. Hi,The reasons have been clearly stated1. You will need to print out the form again, and make sure you don't write anything in the \”Section F\” on the form.2. There might be a repitition in the Nature of Business you stated. you need to review that and be precise in the description.3. You didn't upload the Name approval notification slip that you received when the Name of your Business was approved

17. It could be that you didn't check the originating office e.g Lagos Alausa, Abuja etc before uploading or you didn't hit the submit button after uploading on the documents uploading portal. Let us know if it has been resolved

18. I was queried about the number of shares I subscribed too. I did mistake to subscribe for 1 million naira share capital of 100 unit for 10000 naira per share. I tried resolving it online but would not edit.

19. I have same issue. I was query for vague address but since then am unable to Edith the page. I got to know that this can only be done at their office. Please how true is this? My Biz Reg has been pending close to a year now due to this. I can proceed registration.

20. I have same issue. I was query for vague address but since then am unable to Edith the page. I got to know that this can only be done at their office. Please how true is this? My Biz Reg has been pending close to a year now due to this. I can proceed registration.

21. good day. Your article is really helpful. i submitted my application in September but didn't get a response from CAC. After several mails to them, i eventually got a response from them saying my document was queried 16th October. I login to my portal but didn't see any query message on the dashboard. All i see is the usual Name Reservation and Company Registration. Please assist me, Is there a link i am supposed to click or what. There is also no mail as regards the query in my mail. Thanks as i anticipate your response.

22. Good afternoon pls I have been in this uploading of documents for some time now. But my question is abt the form filling are we to fill every detail needed on the form including the legal ones

23. Hi thanks for your kind assistance in helping people resolve these issues with CAC registration. I have been queried and this is the query \”KINDLY UPLOAD ALL REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS\” please how do I resolve this

24. Good evening: I registered an NGO. I used one of the trustees as presenter. At the point of signing up for reservation I used the name OKOTIE JOHNBULL. After the reservation, I commenced the registration and uploaded his I'd card but the name in his I'd card is OKOTIE PAUL JOHNBULL. they queried the work on the ground that the names are different. I did an affidavit of confirmation of name and uploaded same to show that the two names are the same but they still queried it. The point now is am confused and DNT know wat to do as there is no way I can edit the names in the cac website to reflect the full and correct names.

25. I Made payment for the registration fee on NGO at remita, I received receipt from remita but the payment not showing in my payment history at cac portal. in payment history in CAC portal dashboard I saw only payment of NAME SEARCH but the one for registration fee not shown. I need this receipt to answer query, please how can i get the receipt from cac. I have remita receipt but I need cac receipt

26. I got a query to upload CAC official receipt of which I did,thenext query i got was that it should be in A4format. I thoughtit's meant to be pdf format

27. hello… i got the query \”delete and services and reprint form affix proprietor's passport photo on form \” and ive done so but my problem now is how to upload it because on the docupload site the place i uploaded those things initially is not clickable anymore.

28. Hi, good evening. I got a CAC Query saying Incorrect Data For Registration, and the description was \”Expunge Branch Address\”Please, what do I do?Thank you so much.

29. I sighed the CAC BN1 form and attach my passport but I submitted it multiple times as I couldn't observe that first submission was successful. Would that affect its approval?

30. Hello, please i received a query that says INCORRECT DATA FOR REGISTRATION, description \”FURNISH APPROVED NAME\”please what is the meaning and how can i resolve it.

31. Good evening, Please, I got a query earlier to upload complete documents, I have uploaded all the documents now but I learned from your blog that I should not upload remita receipt but the cac generated receipt.Now I went back to my portal to remove the remita receipt and upload CAC receipt, it's showing processing in the section where I'm supposed to delete the old one I uploaded earlier. The pending approval has been there for a week now. What should I do?

32. Good day, please i received a query to remove branch address and change to general contracts,i removed the branch address and forgot the general contract, hope I'll be given another chance to edit it, because I'm scared

33. This is the query I gotYour Company Registration application has been queried. Find below the reason for query.ReasonPLS COMPLY WITH THE PROCEDURES FOR REGISTERING GROUPS OF COMPANY ,

34. Hello, pls help a sister, it has been close to 3 weeks now that have resolved my query and still the approval is pending.. Hope there is no problem and does is it take forever to get the registration approved? … I'm so worried

35. Good morning,Please I need help, I am having issues with registering my business name online. I have reserved, paid for registration and I had some queries to attend to as i have submitted all necessary docs. one that is surpassing all solutions is changing my proprietors address as the requested. I have change it everywhere possible on the portal but it is yet to reflect on my form, I have edited my profile. I call there customers care which hardly pick calls or always busy. I went to their office here in owerri and they directed me to a business center which told me the will charge #3000 to change it. any help from anyone will on how to fix this will be appreciated. thanks.

36. I am having issues with registering my business name online. I have reserved, paid for registration and I had some queries to attend to as i have submitted all necessary docs. one that is surpassing all solutions is changing my proprietors address as the requested. I have change it everywhere possible on the portal but it is yet to reflect on my form, I have edited my profile. I call there customers care which hardly pick calls or always busy. I went to their office here in owerri and they directed me to a business center which told me the will charge #3000 to change it. any help from anyone will on how to fix this will be appreciated. thanks.

37. I was given a query to upload my payment receipt from the portal. The challenge I am having is that I cannot upload documents any further as the field is no longer enabled. it is also indicated that my form has been approved. What do I do please?

38. How do it upload the receipt for “branch address” bc the column is not provided there. I try using the receipt to upload it but it says already uploaded bc I used for the 10kreceipt.