This post was last updated on September 14th, 2020 at 01:21 pm
How to activate Gotv for the first time shouldn’t be so difficult or require assistance of dealers. Learn how to do the Gotv activation for New subscribers in this article, and save yourself the extra cash and time.
Gotv allows you to activate your decoder for the first time online and via text message. Either of the options works perfectly well, but we are in the internet age so I will focus on Activating Gotv online using the gotv eazy self service.
After following the steps below; you will be able to view all the channels GOTV has got to offer, such as the indigenous Africa Magic Channels
, music, news, sports, documentary and other channels you have always loved to watch.
How to Activate Gotv via the Easy Gotv Activation Online
After setting up your Gotv antenna, plug the cables at the appropriate ports on the decoder and TV, then you should follow these steps to activate your Gotv as a first time user;
2. Select your City, Enter your Surname, IUC Number and Mobile phone
number in their respective fields
3. Click “Activate New Account” button
While you carry out the steps above, make sure your decoder is turned ON
How to Activate Gotv via SMS
To activate GoTv for the first time via SMS, send a message in the format below:
send the above details (after replacing with your correct information) as a message to 4688
For example, “ACCEPT*2003029600*ADEPOJU BASIRA*08031234567*LAGOS*GOTVMAX#” TO 4688
- IUC Number is the number on the red label below your decoder
- Name is the name of the owner e.g Adepoju Basira
- Phone number should be the number of the owner where you will be getting notifications on offers and other alerts on your GOtv subscription
- Location should be your state or city e.g Lagos
- GOTV Package is the bouquet you would like to start with e.g GOTVMAX
How do I know if my Activation Was Successful?
After you have completed the steps above, the next step is to verify if your GOTV activation was successful, It’s very easy to know if your activation was successful or not, to confirm if your Gotv activation was successful, do the following;
- Logon to eazy.gotvafrica.com
- Sign in with your surname and IUC number
- On the dashboard, Click the Activation Status tab.
- Enter your IUC Number
- Click the “Check Activation Status” Button, You should see “Activated” on the result page if you have done everything correctly.
If the status shows “Active”, Congratulations your decoder is activated and viewing should commence on your decoder within few seconds.
Got anything to add to this post? Tell us via comments